The Farm Documentarian will document the development and changes at Sarvodaya Farms season by season through photography and writing, and publish these documentations to the Sarvodaya Institute blog, Instagram and e-newsletter.
Documentarian will help create advertisements through social media for plants and items for sale, and work with Events Manager to publicize upcoming events.
This staff position is an unpaid & volunteer.
Sarvodaya Institute is a 6-year-old, POC-managed non-profit organization focused on helping people recognize themselves as Earth and learn how to engage with our EarthBody in a nourishing way. We practice and teach gardening as a practice of healing and regeneration to restore health to all beings, working towards the "upliftment of all."
- Photograph one of our gardens or our farm every week, documenting seasonal changes
- Attend and photograph any farm events you are able to
- Write about seasonal changes witnessed through photographs and also share about experience at any events attended
- Post photographs and writings to our social media platforms
- Create and post videos on various nursery plants available for purchase
- Share posts on Social Media accounts regularly that reflect our vision and mission
- Must provide own camera. Phone camera is okay, DSLR preferred.
- Photography skills. Able to capture unique perspectives and create artistic portraits of people, plants, and gardens
- Proficient in using Social Media, specifically Instagram and MailChimp
- Interest in learning more about farming and gardening
- Passion for healing of people and Earth
- Willingness to share
Hours and Times
This position is an unpaid internship
Email the following to our Executive Director, Farmer Rishi, at email@example.com:
- Your Resume
- Sample photography and related work demonstrating creativity and writing abilities