Documentarian and Social Media Intern
The Documentarian and Social Media Manager will document the development and changes at all Sarvodaya Institute gardens season by season through photography and writing, and publish these documentations to the Sarvodaya Institute blog, Instagram and e-newsletter.
Documentarian will help create advertisements through social media for plants and items for sale, and work with Events Manager to publicize upcoming events.
This is an unpaid, intern position.
Sarvodaya Institute is a 6-year-old, POC-managed non-profit organization focused on helping people recognize themselves as Earth and learn how to engage with our home-body in a nourishing way. We practice and teach gardening as a practice of healing and regeneration to restore health to all beings, working towards the "upliftment of all."
We maintain 2 demonstration gardens, 1 urban farm, an organic plant nursery, and a significant social media presence.
- Photograph one of our gardens or our farm every week, documenting seasonal changes
- Attend and photograph any farm events you are able to
- Write about seasonal changes witnessed through photographs and also share about experience at any events attended
- Post photographs and writings to our social media platforms
- Create and post videos on various nursery plants available for purchase
- Share posts on Social Media accounts regularly that reflect our vision and mission
- Must provide own camera. Phone camera is okay, DSLR preferred.
- Photography skills. Able to capture unique perspectives and create artistic portraits of people, plants, and gardens
- Proficient in using Social Media, specifically Instagram and MailChimp
- Interest in learning more about farming and gardening
- Passion for healing of people and Earth
- Willingness to share
Hours and Times
This position is an unpaid internship
Email the following to our Executive Director, Farmer Rishi, at email@example.com:
- Your Resume
- Sample photography and related work demonstrating creativity and writing abilities