Farmer Training Program
Hands-on Learning @ Sarvodaya Farms
At Sarvodaya Farms in Pomona, CA, we offer a Farmer Training Program for anyone interested in learning how to care for soil, raise and care for plants, and grow food at home.
This program is NOT a volunteer program. We do not accept volunteers at our farm.
This program is only for those that value the knowledge we offer.
What We Offer
At Sarvodaya Farms, we care for over half an acre of fruit trees, CA native plants, fruiting bushes, vegetable fields, and a large & diverse stock of nursery plants. Our training program offers an opportunity for you to be part of the care and nourishment of our farm, and learn in the process from our experienced farmers.
What you'll learn:
- Soil care and management
- irrigation maintenance
- Seed starting and plant propagation
- plant care and farm management
- vegetable and fruit harvest
- much more than we have time to list here
What We Require
- Tools. Every trainee must provide their own hand pruners. Hand pruners are available to purchase from our store.
If this program sounds what you're looking for, please fill out the application. We will follow up as soon as we can. Expect us to take at least 1 week to respond.