Kids Programming Coordinator
Application Deadline: Friday May 19 at 11:59pm PT
The Kids Programming Coordinator will create and oversee kids programs at our farm on two Saturdays every month.
The Kids Programming Coordinator's responsibilities are:
- create two 2-hour programs every month for kids. Programs to be held on the 1st and 3rd Saturday of the month.
- Run the kids programs
- Help with the advertisement of the kids programming
Kids Programming Coordinator will report to the Executive Director and coordinate with the Farm Co-Managers.
Position Hours and Times
The Farm Co-manager will work 20 hours per month:
5 hrs to run each Saturday Program (1.5 hr prep, 2 hours program length, 1.5 hr cleanup)
10 hours to prepare and advertise programming
Sarvodaya Institute is a 9-year-old, POC-managed non-profit organization focused on helping people recognize themselves as Earth and learn how to engage with our home-body in a nourishing way. We practice and teach gardening as a practice of healing and regeneration to restore health to all beings, working towards the "upliftment of all."
We are seeking an energetic, highly-skilled, empathetic, communicative, community-oriented person. We encourage people of any ethnicity and orientation to apply. You are welcome here.
We are looking to create regular programming for kids ages 12 and under at our farm. The Kids Programming Coordinator will work to incubate and oversee this program. Our aim to offer programs at a sliding scale so that they are accessible to our local community, while participants with money will pay for the programming to help cover associated costs.
Required Experience & Skills
- Passion for plants, gardening and exploration with kids
- Experience working with children
- Experience creating fun and engaging programming for children with an emphasis on plants, soil, water, trees and other available resources at our farm
- Bonus: ability to create graphics and videos to help advertise programming through Social Media
English & Spanish bilingual preferred
Send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Respond to each prompt below. Keep each response limited to 1 short paragraph:
- Describe your experience with gardening and creating kids programming.
- Why do you think this is the job for you?