Staff Tree Grafter
Application Deadline: Friday June 16 at 11:59pm PT
The Staff Tree Grafter is a flexible position with no set hours. The position has one responsibility: grafting fruit trees in our nursery.
The position requires the following:
- collecting budwood from our farm and other gardens (driving required)
- grafting fruit trees in our nursery
The Staff Tree Grafter will report to the Farm Co-Managers.
Position Hours and TimesHours and timing for this position are flexible.
Sarvodaya Institute is a 9-year-old, POC-managed non-profit organization focused on helping people recognize themselves as Earth and learn how to engage with our home-body in a nourishing way. We practice and teach gardening as a practice of healing and regeneration to restore health to all beings, working towards the "upliftment of all."
We are seeking an energetic, highly-skilled, empathetic, communicative, community-oriented person. We encourage people of any ethnicity and orientation to apply. You are welcome here.
- Valid Driver's License & car
- Experience and knowledge of grafting including various grafting techniques, knowledge of best times of the year for grafting and collection of budwood.
- Passion for plants and gardening
- Friendly and willing to work with a diverse farm staff
$18 per hour
Send the following to email@example.com
- Respond to each prompt below. Keep each response limited to 1 short paragraph:
- Describe your experience with grafting